PLEASE NOTE: These auditions are being held at THEATRE MEMPHIS, but this is NOT a Theatre Memphis production. Theatre Memphis has graciously allowed us the use of their Rehearsal Hall for auditions.
By David Harrower
Directed by Adam Remsen and Tony Isbell
Rehearsals will begin on Monday, January 23, 2017, at Central Christian Church in Midtown
Performs at Voices of the South Theater March 10-26, 2017.
SYNOPSIS: Fifteen years ago, when Ray was 40 and Una was 12, they had an illegal and illicit sexual relationship. Ray went to prison, and after his release he moved away and changed his name. Now Una has tracked him down and comes to him for something, but what? Confrontation? Accusation? Reconciliation? As we follow them in real time, we hear differing versions of what happened. But is there only one truth? This searing, raw and intense play explores some of the deepest mysteries of the human heart.
Blackbird won the Olivier Award for Best New Play in 2007, and the 2015 Broadway revival was nominated for three Tony Awards (Best Revival of a Play; Best Actress – Michelle Williams; Best Actor – Jeff Daniels). We are pleased to present Blackbird’s Mid-South premiere.
WARNING: THIS PLAY CONTAINS GRAPHIC DISCUSSIONS OF SEXUAL ABUSE. NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.
Auditioning for one character:
UNA, female, must be able to convincingly play late 20s to early 30s. A vulnerable but determined woman who is trying to make sense of what happened in her past. This challenging role contains extremely graphic discussions of sexual abuse.
- Saturday, 12/3 at 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 12/4 at 5:00 p.m.
Auditions will be in the back Rehearsal Hall at Theatre Memphis (630 Perkins Extended, Memphis 38117).
IF YOU ARE COMING to the audition:
- We strongly recommend that you read the play ahead of time. Please contact us for help obtaining a copy.
- When you arrive, please come to the back door of Theatre Memphis. We will post signs directing auditionees around back. Please try to be on time, as we will need to close and lock the back door before auditions begin.
- Contact us with questions via our Contact page or call/text (901) 237-6304.